PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14535 messages in 1141 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
 
PowerMetalLivesOn
 
TCJacko
 
NightwalkerRicku
 
metaldrummer93
 
Vggamegod
 
yoshimitsublade13
 
Metallhead123
 
balrog
 
WinterSon
 
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Share | 
 

 What do you think happens when we die?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1372
Age : 24
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:21 pm

My biggest idea on this is the Buddhist theory of Reincarnation, but without the judgment on lives to determine what you will come back to earth as when you die. So I just think you die, your body stays to rot underground whilst your spirit enters a body that hasn't been born yet - a body without a spirit - and then be born again.

What do you think?

_________________
'One after one, by the star-dogged moon,
too quick for groan or sigh

Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
and cursed me with his eye

Four times fifty living men,
and I heard nor sigh nor groan.

With heavy thump, a lifeless lump,

They dropped down, one by one'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1605
Age : 25
Location : UK
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 541
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:27 pm

I think that when we die, all the PMLO forum members will go on an epic quest to distant lands slaying things. Seriously though, I think that there logically should be absolutly nothing - but then too many questions are raised - maybe there is some kind of afterlife but without Gods or devils. More as a resting place for souls in which you be with people who have died before you. I would love to think there is some kind of Wacken-esque afterlife because one lifetime of heavy metal just doesn't seem like it will be enough.

_________________
Photobucket


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
Metal Dragon
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 373
Age : 22
Location : Michigan, USA
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 89
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:31 pm

I'm a Christian, so I believe that when we die, we will have our judgement day, followed by Heaven or Hell.


Last edited by Metal Dragon on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
avatar

Male Number of posts : 794
Age : 25
Location : Athens, Greece
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:56 pm

dunno...there are many theories. maybe right now we are living our life in a hylic state. if you die you live in another dimension with your spirit/soul. it cant be complete nothingness as most of the civilisations accept the fact that a soul exists. besides recent experiments proved its existence although they might be wrong or just rumours
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
avatar

Male Number of posts : 724
Age : 32
Location : Midgard
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:57 pm

as far as evidence is concerned, there will be nothing - forget the 'afterlife' concentrate on life and preserving it.

We only have one life we can prove, so why waste it thinking about something that cannot be proven?

If there happens to be truth in ancient superstitions, well - guess I'm fucked, but I'll take my chances because I don't believe in fairytales.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
avatar

Male Number of posts : 475
Age : 27
Location : Helsinki/Hong Kong/Los Angeles
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:54 pm

A land of infinite dreams, I believe sleeping and dying to be in correlation with one another. In death comes an infinite lucid dream, where you can make anything appear where you want it to, when you want it to, whatever you wish.

An infinite dream or an infinite nightmare.
Perhaps reincarnation, and perhaps people that were on the edge of "life and death" saw heaven and hell only because that is what their mentality views the afterlife as, their lucid minds made a heaven and a hell appear, their "dreams forged a world they were built to believe in".

Heaven and hell exist in the afterlife because the mind can forge it. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alizee-forum.com
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
avatar

Male Number of posts : 458
Age : 108
Location : Canada (Québec)
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 533
Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:38 am

When you die... You die... It's finished there... I'm atheist... I don't think a lot of things happen after Death... Yes I know, I'm not original.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metallhead123
Warrior King
Warrior King
avatar

Male Number of posts : 539
Age : 26
Location : London
User Reputation : 5
User Points : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:27 am

BuzzPhil wrote:
When you die... You die... It's finished there... I'm atheist... I don't think a lot of things happen after Death... Yes I know, I'm not original.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/user/MetalHeadOwnage
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 360
Age : 25
Location : Lahti/Finland
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 367
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:44 pm

Metallhead123 wrote:
BuzzPhil wrote:
When you die... You die... It's finished there... I'm atheist... I don't think a lot of things happen after Death... Yes I know, I'm not original.

Agreed.
Agreed here too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 291
Age : 26
Location : Belgium
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 399
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:00 am

infernoRS wrote:
Metallhead123 wrote:
BuzzPhil wrote:
When you die... You die... It's finished there... I'm atheist... I don't think a lot of things happen after Death... Yes I know, I'm not original.

Agreed.
Agreed here too.

I agree aswell.

But I also have a problem with reincarnation: If reincarnation is real and our spirits rise up from our bodies and fly to another almost-living thing to continue life in that body/thing, how come we can't remember any of that, although the spirit must be really old because if reincarnation is true, it should have happened ages ago. So we can't remember any of our previous lives as anything, how can we say that spirit is our own? If you have no memory of it all, how can you say it's real?

Bah, can't explain it all that well in English, sucks to be a foreigner. I hope it makes sense somehow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 334
Age : 22
Location : North Carolina
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 388
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:55 am

Here's the truth.
We don't really die.
We are completely mobile after we "pass on".
But when we see how fun laying down for eternity is, we say "Hey, I don't wanna move!"
Even if you're cremated, your ashes have the ability to move. But they decide not to, because being in a jar is much more fun.

..

That would make a good song. No?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/yesitsaj
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 360
Age : 25
Location : Lahti/Finland
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 367
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:08 am

AJ190 wrote:
Here's the truth.
We don't really die.
We are completely mobile after we "pass on".
But when we see how fun laying down for eternity is, we say "Hey, I don't wanna move!"
Even if you're cremated, your ashes have the ability to move. But they decide not to, because being in a jar is much more fun.

..

That would make a good song. No?
Astral life lol! Yeah sure Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 334
Age : 22
Location : North Carolina
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 388
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:18 am

Lol.
I wouldn't mind if when we die, every single day millions of metal bands are playing so we can all see them. Everyone has musical ability. Everyone is in a band, and best, you can't make money off music. Actually, there is no money in this afterlife!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/yesitsaj
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 360
Age : 25
Location : Lahti/Finland
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 367
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:59 am

AJ190 wrote:
Lol.
I wouldn't mind if when we die, every single day millions of metal bands are playing so we can all see them. Everyone has musical ability. Everyone is in a band, and best, you can't make money off music. Actually, there is no money in this afterlife!
Actually that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
avatar

Male Number of posts : 458
Age : 108
Location : Canada (Québec)
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 533
Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:55 pm

Nergal131 wrote:
infernoRS wrote:
Metallhead123 wrote:
BuzzPhil wrote:
When you die... You die... It's finished there... I'm atheist... I don't think a lot of things happen after Death... Yes I know, I'm not original.

Agreed.
Agreed here too.

I agree aswell.

But I also have a problem with reincarnation: If reincarnation is real and our spirits rise up from our bodies and fly to another almost-living thing to continue life in that body/thing, how come we can't remember any of that, although the spirit must be really old because if reincarnation is true, it should have happened ages ago. So we can't remember any of our previous lives as anything, how can we say that spirit is our own? If you have no memory of it all, how can you say it's real?

Bah, can't explain it all that well in English, sucks to be a foreigner. I hope it makes sense somehow.

Oh... I didn't see you are from Belgium... So... Tu parles français?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 291
Age : 26
Location : Belgium
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 399
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:57 pm

BuzzPhil wrote:
Nergal131 wrote:
infernoRS wrote:
Metallhead123 wrote:
BuzzPhil wrote:
When you die... You die... It's finished there... I'm atheist... I don't think a lot of things happen after Death... Yes I know, I'm not original.

Agreed.
Agreed here too.

I agree aswell.

But I also have a problem with reincarnation: If reincarnation is real and our spirits rise up from our bodies and fly to another almost-living thing to continue life in that body/thing, how come we can't remember any of that, although the spirit must be really old because if reincarnation is true, it should have happened ages ago. So we can't remember any of our previous lives as anything, how can we say that spirit is our own? If you have no memory of it all, how can you say it's real?

Bah, can't explain it all that well in English, sucks to be a foreigner. I hope it makes sense somehow.

Oh... I didn't see you are from Belgium... So... Tu parles français?

Only a petit peu Very Happy I live in the north side of Belgium, where they speak all kinds of different dialects of Dutch. My French blows and this proves it:

On one of my reportcards (not even an exam one), I had a total estimate of 27%. But I can tell you this: it was not entirely my fault, our teachers at school sucked monkey balls (am I allowed to say this?). We had 6 french teachers in 2 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
avatar

Male Number of posts : 458
Age : 108
Location : Canada (Québec)
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 533
Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:59 pm

Nergal131 wrote:
BuzzPhil wrote:
Nergal131 wrote:
infernoRS wrote:
Metallhead123 wrote:
BuzzPhil wrote:
When you die... You die... It's finished there... I'm atheist... I don't think a lot of things happen after Death... Yes I know, I'm not original.

Agreed.
Agreed here too.

I agree aswell.

But I also have a problem with reincarnation: If reincarnation is real and our spirits rise up from our bodies and fly to another almost-living thing to continue life in that body/thing, how come we can't remember any of that, although the spirit must be really old because if reincarnation is true, it should have happened ages ago. So we can't remember any of our previous lives as anything, how can we say that spirit is our own? If you have no memory of it all, how can you say it's real?

Bah, can't explain it all that well in English, sucks to be a foreigner. I hope it makes sense somehow.

Oh... I didn't see you are from Belgium... So... Tu parles français?

Only a petit peu Very Happy I live in the north side of Belgium, where they speak all kinds of different dialects of Dutch. My French blows and this proves it:

On one of my reportcards (not even an exam one), I had a total estimate of 27%. But I can tell you this: it was not entirely my fault, our teachers at school sucked monkey balls (am I allowed to say this?). We had 6 french teachers in 2 years.

Yes you are allowed to say this!!! Because I'm coming from Quebec!! So you're main language is Dutch??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 291
Age : 26
Location : Belgium
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 399
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Yeah, we have 3 main languages here. Dutch, French and German and we are expected to master them all. But I haven't, and nobody I know of my age and even higher has.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 334
Age : 22
Location : North Carolina
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 388
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Just be glad you have smart people where you live. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/yesitsaj
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 291
Age : 26
Location : Belgium
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 399
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:15 pm

AJ190 wrote:
Just be glad you have smart people where you live. bounce

Not all Americans can be as dumb as their previous president right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
avatar

Male Number of posts : 458
Age : 108
Location : Canada (Québec)
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 533
Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:18 pm

Nergal131 wrote:
AJ190 wrote:
Just be glad you have smart people where you live. bounce

Not all Americans can be as dumb as their previous president right?

There are Americans dumber than Bush... They are called Bush supporters...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 334
Age : 22
Location : North Carolina
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 388
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:27 pm

Or the people who really care, unlike me.
I take a very vague interest in politics, because normally, they aren't what they're made out to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/yesitsaj
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
avatar

Male Number of posts : 458
Age : 108
Location : Canada (Québec)
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 533
Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:39 pm

It's not like this in all the country but in US... It seems like there is a president because they need one but they don't really act...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 334
Age : 22
Location : North Carolina
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 388
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:43 pm

And we're also... quite bluntly... stupid.
Our country is doing well, but everyone is crying over the economy.
I know it's not good, but we're nowhere near other countries.
And our students don't seem to know anything, because they're lazy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/yesitsaj
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1372
Age : 24
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:31 pm

My band came up with an idea about this yesterday.

The theory said that our soul was locked in a dark room. Here we would be given a virtual screening of life, in which we are viewing right now. So this life is like a game to see how long you can live, if you can reproduce etc etc

Could be considered genius or insane.

_________________
'One after one, by the star-dogged moon,
too quick for groan or sigh

Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
and cursed me with his eye

Four times fifty living men,
and I heard nor sigh nor groan.

With heavy thump, a lifeless lump,

They dropped down, one by one'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   

Back to top Go down
 
What do you think happens when we die?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PowerMetalLivesOn :: Off Topic Area :: Debates-
Jump to: