PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14535 messages in 1141 subjects
Top posters
Rokai

PowerMetalLivesOn

TCJacko

NightwalkerRicku

metaldrummer93

Vggamegod

yoshimitsublade13

Metallhead123

balrog

WinterSon

Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Share | 

Final Fantasy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King

Male Number of posts : 605
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Final Fantasy   Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:35 pm

I noticed Rokai, Ricku and Aria were Final Fantasy fans. I was going to do this as a poll but didn't wan't to miss anyones favorite Fantasy. So lets just talk shop here, favorite characters, games, mini-games or whatever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:48 pm

My first real Fantasy was Final Fantasy VIII. Squall (who you see in my avatar), Rinoa and all the gang. What good memories. I have played and beat only three Fantasies (the numbering might be off for ya'll in Europe)(ask if not sure) III, VIII and X. Note: The only time I beat X was not a good beat, no legendary weapons, not all aeons, etc, etc. I'm playing again now for a decent beat. I've started but not finished most, but not all the Fantasies. My other faves are IX, XII (not X2) and Tactics on the Advance. Let me know about your trials and tribulations in the Fantasy universe. Also I think its cool to post on any Square Enix titles here. (Like saying "Dawn of Mana" was crap)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King

Male Number of posts : 794
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:23 am

wow i can talk about this for ages...

i learned FF when i was about 4-5 years old when i say an older cousin of mine playing FFVIII.... as i didnt have anyof the consoles i managed to first play FF 1 year after i have earned about it. I consider FFVIII as my very first game despite the fact that i have begun with VII. soon i became obssessed with the games and characters and became the biggest fan in my shcool.

List of beaten FF games:

-FFI
-FFII
-FFIII
-FFVII
-FFVII Dirge of Cerberus
-FFVII Crisis Core
-FFVIII
-FFX (i couldnt reach 100% either as my CD broke down due to overuse)
-FFX-2 (lame... music,storyline and battles sucked hard..)
-FFXII ( i still need 1 Summon for 100%)
-FF Tactics GBA

All the others i have not listed there are still in progress..

Fav char = Squall
Fav female char = Rinoa
Fav FF game = VIII
Fav Vilain = Sephiroth
Fav Mini game = dunno exactly but i will say the chocobo race on FFVII
Best Storyline (in my opinion always) = FFVII
Most game played = FFXII (140 hours)
Worst Character = Selphie!! ( i hate her Evil or Very Mad )
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:12 am

I have only played FF1&2: Dawn of Souls on GBA. I'm about to beat the first one, I have the final dungeon left. I also played FF IV for about 10 minutes on my friend's DS, that was pretty good too.

So since I haven't played any character-specific Final Fantasy game I can't comment on favourite characters.

But RED MAGE Horns Horns
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
StarchaserAria
Traveller
Traveller

Female Number of posts : 47
User Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:02 am

I haven't beaten any of these games as they seem too long for me but i love watching Very Happy . The only Final Fantasy i have played were FFIII and FFX. My favorite characters are Yuna and Ashe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:39 am

Wow, thats what I'm tlking about. I'll start from the bottom and go up, it should be easier that way. Aria, thats what first brought me to the Fantasy were the sweet CG cut scenes(VII). Got me interested then I strated playing. All right on to Rokai, 1&2 on the GBA was an excellent idea from Square Enix and a really fun pair of games. Good luck on beating them both its really rewarding. Now the long reply for Ricku here. First that is an awesome Final Fantasy resume, with some really core titles. 100%'s are so hard to get, that even getting close is an accomplishment. I personally liked X2, just because it was like FFX light. Lots of minigames and side quests. But it did have MAJOR flaws like you said. Squall's one of my all time fave males and Rinoa's up there on my female list but the top honors go to Rikku, the quirky Al Bhed thief. And in closing the combination of Selhie and Irvine was the first time I ever wanted to kill characters on my own team. Totally unnecessary. Thanks for posting get back into your Fantasies or other Square Enix titles and keep this one alive.

Also: I'm declaring Ricku the undisputed Final Fantasy champion of this site. But if I get 100 % on FFX and can prove it honors are mine. Headbang
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:58 am

im REALLY honoured.. yoou cant believe how much this means to me!! Very Happy

i will await for your 100% . you will deserve it
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:32 pm

NightwalkerRicku wrote:
im REALLY honoured.. yoou cant believe how much this means to me!! Very Happy

i will await for your 100% . you will deserve it

Oh don't worry your secure in that title for a little while. I still need Caladbolg, Onion Knight, World Champion (I am <-> this close on this one) and Spirit Lance. I've got all the crests but missing some sigils. I also need to finish monster arena quests and continue, literally, humping the hell out of the shere grid. On the plus side of all that, I'm already at 52% on FFX2 so thats a head start on that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:38 am

I just beat Final Fantasy 1 hooray!
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King

Male Number of posts : 1605
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 541
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:21 am

im thinking about maybe buying a final fantasy game

I haveb never played it lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:04 am

Rokai wrote:
I just beat Final Fantasy 1 hooray!

Way to be Rokai, thats what I'm talking about. How did you like the ending? PMLO, it kinda depends on what system or systems you own. If you have a GBA I'd recommend the Dawn of Souls games Rokai is playing (and beating). If a Playstation 1 I'd recommend FF VIII or to a much lesser extent VII. (Thats a Lt opinion, others will vary.) Playstation 2, my first and strongest recommendation of all other games across all systems would be FF X, it is an epic title with much to do and very fun. Gamecube gets a goodie but its a multiplayer FF and is best enjoyed with friends, the game is called FF Crystal Chronicles. Now there are many older FF games ported to newer systems such as FF Chronicles for the Playstation 1 that has FF IV and Chrono Trigger on it. (I highly recommend this game set). In closing do a little homework find one you think you'd like to start with and do it. Don't be afraid to ask the pros here in Lt's Final Fantasy topic about ANY questions you have before spending your money on a title you might not like.

Also: What NTSC regional coding does your video game systems support? It might be important, as I might be able to assest in getting rarer games but they may not work on your systems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:29 am

David if you don't have a NES/GBA/PS1 you can emulate these consoles on the PC for free.
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:05 am

Rokai wrote:
David if you don't have a NES/GBA/PS1 you can emulate these consoles on the PC for free.

I just wanna go on record as saying that is an unexceptable answer. You are gonna lose a lot of awesomeness factor if these games aren't played on their respective platforms. Also you won't get the book, case, cover art, etc. etc. Remember NES/GBA/PS1 are really cheap (can often be bartered) and the originals on the original systems are worth it. (To me at least.) Ya'll should also know I don't really boot-leg anything, whether its games, cd's or movies. If I'm interested in it enough to spend my time with it I wan't its creators compensated for their troubles. (I know crazy right?)(Crazy like a fox.)
Headbang
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:12 am

there is also FFVII Ultimate Edition and FFVIII for pc too. you can download both of them if you dont wanna waste money. you will need Daemon Tools as well though. i just recomend you to start playing FFVII,FFVIII or FFX because those are the main games that introduce you to the real magical world of Final Fantasy because of the awesome plot and graphics.
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:20 am

yoshimitsublade13 wrote:
Rokai wrote:

I just wanna go on record as saying that is an unexceptable answer. You are gonna lose a lot of awesomeness factor if these games aren't played on their respective platforms. Also you won't get the book, case, cover art, etc. etc. Remember NES/GBA/PS1 are really cheap (can often be bartered) and the originals on the original systems are worth it. (To me at least.) Ya'll should also know I don't really boot-leg anything, whether its games, cd's or movies. If I'm interested in it enough to spend my time with it I wan't its creators compensated for their troubles. (I know crazy right?)(Crazy like a fox.)
Headbang

And I guess you spend the money you earn. That's my problem; I don't get any money.
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:31 pm

I feel ya Rokai, if its an only option scenario than I do (mildly) condone boot-legging. I'd rather hear of people that can't get it the way they would like it getting it through another avenue than not at all. I am totally not trying to piss on your life style. I realize you are 15, in school and probably can't get a part time job. But in hind site you should have seen the lengths I wen't to when I was your age to get the things I wanted. It took me like three months of doing bullshit yard work for everyone in my neighbourhood to get a Playstation 1 and a copy of Silent Hill. It was just that important to me. I hope you the best of luck getting your skrilla(money) sqaured away so you can do more of the things you enjoy.

Side note: I did get that copy of Silent Hill and the first night I played it I started at like 9p.m. and it was raining and storming by midnight. I got so freaked out I turned on all the lights in the house at like 1a.m. and it woke my dad up and I played hell explaining to him how I got so freaked out. He just did not get it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Well yes if I'm finally able to attend part time jobs I will actually buy stuff. Unluckily the minimum age limit is 16 which is half a year from here. At the end of the summer holiday. And I won't have time to work during school. So yep, 1,5 years Sad

And Silent Hill's cool. I played a demo and watched the movie. Damn scary Smile
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:03 am

So I whiped out my copy of Final Fantasy X-2 that I haven't played in 5 or 6 months. I've got 40 percent of the game complete on chapter 3, I forgot I had it set to fast-active and I got my ass whiped. Hilarious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:19 pm

yoshimitsublade13 wrote:
So I whiped out my copy of Final Fantasy X-2 that I haven't played in 5 or 6 months. I've got 40 percent of the game complete on chapter 3, I forgot I had it set to fast-active and I got my ass whiped. Hilarious.

nice job Very Happy . i dont play any FF games these days due to lack of time (and you really need to be free to enjoy the magic that this game offers)
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:46 pm

I just started playing FF II and stopped after 3 minutes. That game is a piece of ****.
No leveling, no classes, I don't get enough money to buy stuff at the beginning (okay that's not a big problem) and the characters look gay too. I usually give one character the name Rokai in every game possible but these characters would have humiliated the name.
I'll continue the series with the third game's DS remake.
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:32 pm

Rokai wrote:
I just started playing FF II and stopped after 3 minutes. That game is a piece of ****.
No leveling, no classes, I don't get enough money to buy stuff at the beginning (okay that's not a big problem) and the characters look gay too. I usually give one character the name Rokai in every game possible but these characters would have humiliated the name.
I'll continue the series with the third game's DS remake.

i kinda liked FFII. it had that system with keywords and that new stuff but it the final boss was veeeeery easy. i only played it only to say that i have beaten the game.

by the way i own FFIII and i need to inform you it is based on job classes and levels. oh rokai i have never asked you. do you use a DS platform or do you play via an emulator?
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

I emulate the games. I see no point in buying games for a DS at the price of Wii/PC games which are obviously better.
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:48 pm

The early FF's had some experimental gameplay mechanics and they aren't for everyone. It's not a very hard one and I think you should stick to it, it gets better. And nobody likes a quitter. Baa. <--TCJ ripoff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Male Number of posts : 331
User Points : 338
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:43 pm

My first one was FFX, and I fell in love with the franchise with this one... It still gives me goosebumps when I see vids of it...

My favorite is FFX, mainly because it was my first one, and I have some kind of emotional link with it, but more seriously, FFVI (6) is my second favorite because it rocks Smile

Waiting for FFXIII even tho I don't have high expectations for it... In fact, I don't have high expectations for new games in general, I think the industry is changing (due to customer demand, of course) toward something that's getting away from the core of gaming, which is fun... But o well, We'll see what happens!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:25 pm

Gurther wrote:
My first one was FFX, and I fell in love with the franchise with this one... It still gives me goosebumps when I see vids of it...

My favorite is FFX, mainly because it was my first one, and I have some kind of emotional link with it, but more seriously, FFVI (6) is my second favorite because it rocks Smile

Waiting for FFXIII even tho I don't have high expectations for it... In fact, I don't have high expectations for new games in general, I think the industry is changing (due to customer demand, of course) toward something that's getting away from the core of gaming, which is fun... But o well, We'll see what happens!

FFX was a masterpiece...everything was perfect especially the soundtracks and the plot!! VI was interesting too, it had tooo many party members and you could chose which side of the story you wanted to follow, something that was really enjoyable.

I cant wait for FFXIII too, not to mention FFXIII versus which rocks even more! However i agree with you, everything is changing to worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next